Deciding to visit the best country and the places in it can be a daunting task. Many people every year plan a vacation with the hope of exploring the best places, which can help them experience, relax, and add an element of thrill. The untamed beauty and breathtaking wildlife make South Africa the best place to visit in the world. South Africa is a massive country with various landscapes and a diverse population. Be it rare and risky wildlife, raw natural landscapes, a wide variety of cultures, the oldest artifacts and sculptures, food, wine, South Africa has a lot in store to offer its travelers.
So, Travelers Planning A Trip To This Country Can Visit These Top 10 Most Iconic And Scenic Places:
1. Kruger National Park
This national park is 7523 square miles and offers diverse landscapes. It hosts rock-painting archaeological sites. Also, Kruger National Park is home to animals like lions, leopards, buffalo, rhinos, and many others. You can explore this park and opt for guided safaris or hot-air balloon rides. No wonder it is the best place to visit in South Africa.
- To reach by air, you can opt for Hendrik Van Eck airport.
- You can stay at Kruger Gate Hotel, Lukimbi Safari Lodge, etc.
- The best time to explore this National Park is between May to October.
2. Blyde River Canyon
This nature reserve is also famous for the Motlatse River Canyon. It is the second-largest canyon in South Africa. While visiting this place, you can explore primates, hippos, and crocodiles and do activities like whitewater rafting, hot-air ballooning, hiking, etc.
- To reach this place via Hoedspruit Airport.
- You can stay at Kapama Private Game Reserve, Moditlo River Lodge, etc.
- ·You can visit it from March to June, August, or November.
3. Pretoria and Johannesburg
Johannesburg is known to be the ‘city of gold’ of South Africa. It has a rich history with great economic vitality. While visiting this city along with a 3 days Amboseli tour, you can explore the Apartheid Museum, Gold Reef City, etc. Also, visiting Soweto and Pretoria should be on your list. Pretoria has charming parks, gardens, and much more.
- You can reach this place via O.R. Tambo International Airport.
- The best places to stay can be Hyatt House Johannesburg Rosebank, Protea by Marriott Hotel Johannesburg Wanderers, etc.
- You can visit from March to May or September to November.
4. Cape Town
This is a multicultural city that is located between mountains and the sea. In Cape Town, you can explore diverse wildlife along with the lively Victoria and Alfred Waterfront for entertainment options, shopping, dining, etc. There is no dearth of beautiful places in Cape Town.
- You can reach it via Cape Town International Airport.
- The best places to stay are Simon’s Town Quayside Hotel, etc.
- You can visit Cape Town from January to April.
5. The Valley of Desolation
Camdeboo National Park has diverse geological artistry and showcases the Valley of Desolation as its main attraction. The sheer cliffs are shaped because of ancient volcanic forces. People can explore its rich biodiversity, including mammals, plants, unique species, etc.
- You can visit it via Port Elizabeth International Airport.
- The best places to stay are Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve, Gaaff Reinet, etc.
- You can visit the Valley of Desolation between October to March.
6. Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
This park was established in 2000 and represents a vast and minimally disturbed ecosystem. Its amazing red sands, diverse wildlife, different predators, and much more attract many nature enthusiasts. You can explore various bird species, flora fauna, and a lot more while visiting this park.
- You can reach this place via Upington International Airport.
- The best place to stay is Kgalagadi Lifestyle Lodge.
- You can explore this park in May and October.
7. Garden Route
It is 200 km long along the country’s southeast coast. This place offers breathtaking coastal vistas, which range from Mossel Bay to the Storms River. You can explore coastal towns, cliffs, Knysna, Garden Route National Park, Cango Caves, and a lot more. Also, you can experience different activities on the Garden Route.
- You can visit it via George Airport.
- The best places to stay at Garden Route are Garden Route Safari Camp, Moontide Riverside Lodge, etc.
- You can visit it in March.
8. Cederberg Mountains
This place is two hours away from Cape Town. This region will allow you to experience various wildlife. Also, you can stargaze at the Cederberg Astronomical Observatory. There are many spots to explore, like Lambertsbaai, Elandsbaai, Wupperthal, Elandskloof, etc., along with diverse flora, tea cultivation, etc.
- You can visit it via Cape Town International Airport.
- The best place to stay is Draaihoek Lodge and Resort, etc.
- You can visit it from August to September.
9. The Drakensberg, KwaZulu-Natal
This is a scenic place in South Africa. The Dragon Mountains should be on your priority list when visiting Drakensberg. Also, it is home to the loftiest peaks and includes UNESCO-listed Ukhahlamba-Drakensberg Park, etc. It is full of biodiversity, lush landscapes, etc. You can enjoy activities like hiking, biking, fishing, rock climbing, etc.
- You can visit it via King Shaka International Airport.
- The best place to stay is Zulu Nyala Game Lodge, etc.
- You can visit it in April and May.
10. Wild Coast
The Wild Coast is situated between East London and Chinsta. It has craggy cliffs, azure oceans, mesmerizing landscapes, and a lot more. The scenic routes of this place will satisfy your inner traveller. Also, while exploring the Wild Coast, you can engage in surfing, wildlife spotting, etc.
- You can visit it via Mthatha Airport.
- The best place to stay is Cremorne Estate or Mbotyi River Lodge.
- You can visit it in March and April.
South Africa has a lot to offer its travelers. There are many places and spots to explore in the country. The above-mentioned places in South Africa will offer you the time of your life while exploring mesmerizing landscapes, wildlife, scenic beauty, and many other activities.
Realtimetoursandtravels can help you plan and explore South Africa conveniently. They also offer various other travel packages, like the Malindi trip package in Dubai, the Watamu trip package in UAE, individual or family travel packages, the Rwanda chimpanzee trekking tour UAE, etc.